Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try it again after.
- If these doesn't work do uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link where you can download and install the latest driver.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- Make sure to set your Playback Device to the correct device you're using as your speaker.
- Your last option would be to reinstall Windows itself and if it will not work as well it's a hardware problem already.