Solved! Dell Latitude E5450 - Monitor going black and touchpad not responsive

Apr 13, 2021
Laptop only shows windows loading screen then goes black.

No light showing on power button.

Able to plug into TV with HDMI and view on TV but when I am on it the touchpad is unresponsive and is showing no mouse cursor or moving. Every other button works just mouse and screen.

Can anybody advise?

Solution

Able to plug into TV with HDMI and view on TV but when I am on it the touchpad is unresponsive and is showing no mouse cursor or moving. Every other button works just mouse and screen.

Can anybody advise?

When you have the TV connected, do you see all of your icons? It may be just that is sees two displays and that cursor you can't see is on the other display.
Apr 11, 2021
Some laptops like Toshiba has a touchpad lockout key and I think a external monitor button. I think it's F4 and F5. Take a look on your laptop keys and see if they show anything like that. Good Luck.

Can anybody advise?

When you have the TV connected, do you see all of your icons? It may be just that is sees two displays and that cursor you can't see is on the other display.

Solution