Dell Latitude E6410 not starting.

Mar 28, 2018
I decided to upgrade my old [strike]computer[/strike] laptop to see if I could get some use out of it. The model I have is the one with an i3-380m and 4GB ram. The hard-drive died some time ago, so I got a new Seagate Barracuda 1TB one. I plugged it in and the computer doesn't start.

The only thing that happens is the power button shows light for a few seconds, turns off and the Bluetooth and battery icons light up,before repeating the cycle. None of the Caps/Scroll/Num Lock buttons show anything.

I've tried booting with AC only and power only, I've reseated the ram many times, I've held down Fn/Esc when pressing the power button, none of this has had any effect.

Video showing the cycle:
https://youtu.be/3LZV5sDA_uE

Is this a motherboard issue, or something else? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
So, this does not happen when both AC and Battery are connected? If it is it might the connection in the circuit, they could be interfering with each other. If this only happens with only AC plugged in with no battery then the AC adapter might be failing to deliver the required power. If this is the case then cross check the power coming out of AC and power required to run your laptop which should be 65 Watts(19.5 volts and 3.33 Amps). Try using a different charger and tell me the result.

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Do these steps:
1) Take out the AC cord
2)Take out the battery
3)Press the power Button for 30 seconds while holding the laptop upside down.
4)now put the battery back in, and hold the power button for another 30 seconds.
5)if it is on, then you can plug the ac back.

IF IT IS NOT, then follow these steps:
1) Take out the AC cord
2)Take out the battery
3)Press the power Button for 30 seconds while holding the laptop upside down.
4) now put the AC cord leave the battery out and turn it on.

This should help

Mar 28, 2018
Seyed22Shaheen:
First method did nothing, I forgot to mention in the OP that this only happens with AC is plugged in.
Second method started the light flicker, and nothing else.

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
So, this does not happen when both AC and Battery are connected? If it is it might the connection in the circuit, they could be interfering with each other. If this only happens with only AC plugged in with no battery then the AC adapter might be failing to deliver the required power. If this is the case then cross check the power coming out of AC and power required to run your laptop which should be 65 Watts(19.5 volts and 3.33 Amps). Try using a different charger and tell me the result.

Solution