Dell Latitude E7440 not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilroyanna

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Dell latitude power and battery light has been flashing constantly, laptop won't turn on. Have tried unplugging, removing battery and pushing power switch for 20 seconds. Any other suggestions?

Solution
Hi there,

Sometimes the battery keep the machine from starting, so, in first place try to start the pc without the battery, pluggin the transformer into AC, if the pc does not start (video show up) then you have a different problem, try to take out the memories and clean the surface of the connection side with a pencil eraser. You should check if your working environment it´s too wet, the cooling system of the machine normally inhale cool but wet air and humidity flows around components causing malfunctioning. If you clean the memories and nothing happens you should seek for specialized help, I presume a BIOS corrupt issue, in the best case you will get the portable soon with you, if the BIOS it´s not corrupt maybe it is an electronic...

dharo1975

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Hi there,

Sometimes the battery keep the machine from starting, so, in first place try to start the pc without the battery, pluggin the transformer into AC, if the pc does not start (video show up) then you have a different problem, try to take out the memories and clean the surface of the connection side with a pencil eraser. You should check if your working environment it´s too wet, the cooling system of the machine normally inhale cool but wet air and humidity flows around components causing malfunctioning. If you clean the memories and nothing happens you should seek for specialized help, I presume a BIOS corrupt issue, in the best case you will get the portable soon with you, if the BIOS it´s not corrupt maybe it is an electronic component malfunction and has to be replaced. I am cuban, we try to repair always bad components, otherwise you should buy the mainboard or other parts.

Forgive my english, I am not a perfect english speaker. My name is David Haro

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.