Dell or Lenovo

queentutti

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
My dad is looking to get a laptop but isn't sure which one to get. It will be used to do his family tree, internet and maybe the odd game of cossacks or stronghold. The two he is looking at are the Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) and the Lenovo G580 which is currently on offer in pc world. Can anyone let me know which is best pls.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I go Lenovo.

My experience with dell has been VERY painful. I probably sent in my previous laptop to them about 10 times due to hardware issues. A lot of times with multiple hardware issues due to them never fixing the problem except once. I can safely say their support is incompetent and they don't care about their customers from my experience. And I would typically have to wait 20-40min just to get ahold of a real person to talk to who would typically be too incompetent to understand the problem (minus 1 person, literally just 1). Only reason why it wasn't sent in more was because I finally gave up on the $1400 investment as they never fixed it and have even told me on one occasion they refuse to fix it because they didn't have any parts in stock for it.

This is the short version of the hassle I have dealt with. You should be able to pull up the full rant on this which is quite long if you google my username, tomshardware, and dell or something along those lines. As I have ranted on them a few times now.