Dell portable harddisk not detecting

Balaji 143

Prominent
May 9, 2017
My 1tb dell external harddisk also the same problem, not show in my computer , in device manger - disk drives - dell portable scsi disk device showing I tried to update driver if show compatible hardware is disk drive only showing , if uncheck standard disk drive , compaq, mylex showing actually my harddisk is dell , how can I solve help me please ...
Thanks in advance ...

[don't post your email address on any forum]

Solution
I think it's very likely your drive has crashed. i guess it is possible that it could be the little board inside the case that the hard drive plugs into (usb to sata). Can you easily remove the hard drive from the case it is in and put it in a different external hard drive case and test. Empty usb hard drive cases cost only $10 (where I live) so that might be worth the gamble.

If the hard is the actual problem - I believe there is hardware that can attempt to repair it - but I don't know anything about that - especially considering that your machine cannot even find the drive. Maybe someone with more experience at this will answer this post.

Anyway, i would try to get the hard drive out of that case that it is in .... put it in a...

Balaji 143

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit , I tried with another os but not detecting led light only blinking , connected with USB port but not working ... help me please

Balaji 143

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Disk management window not showing my drive.. I buyed it on 2015 Nov 10 , it works for me 2 days before , after that problem

Balaji 143

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Yeah , I tried another ports , another machine , another cable but same result

robert600

Distinguished
I think it's very likely your drive has crashed. i guess it is possible that it could be the little board inside the case that the hard drive plugs into (usb to sata). Can you easily remove the hard drive from the case it is in and put it in a different external hard drive case and test. Empty usb hard drive cases cost only $10 (where I live) so that might be worth the gamble.

If the hard is the actual problem - I believe there is hardware that can attempt to repair it - but I don't know anything about that - especially considering that your machine cannot even find the drive. Maybe someone with more experience at this will answer this post.

Anyway, i would try to get the hard drive out of that case that it is in .... put it in a different portable case and hope for the best.

Solution