Dell Precision 7510 installing an additional SSD

Myrddiin

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Hi, i wasn't able to find something actually useful online, so i'm asking you guys.
I want to upgrade my laptop performance by installing an SSD in addition to my hard drive. Is it possible to have both the hard drive AND the SSD? If yes, is there a guide on how to install it? Can i solve my problem in other ways? The final goal is to increase my laptop performance by installing the OS on my SSD and my editing programmes as well, and format/reinstall everything else on the Hard Drive. Any ideas?

Solution
Hi,
as all Dell Precision 15" workstations the 7510 has only one standard SATA HDD slot but it has also a M2 slot where you can put a M2 SSD that can work together with the main HDD. It can be configured as main disk.

Myrddiin

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016

The thing is that i don't have a DVD drive because it wasn't included in the first place, now i'll try to disassemble it and see what i can do

Mauroghiglia

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Hi,
as all Dell Precision 15" workstations the 7510 has only one standard SATA HDD slot but it has also a M2 slot where you can put a M2 SSD that can work together with the main HDD. It can be configured as main disk.

Solution