Question Help!!! Dell Inspirion 14 3000 embedded dard drive missing

Aug 7, 2022
My Dell Inspirion 14 3000 came with a non-removeable hard drive. I opened it up to remove the original hard drive and was unable to locate it. I finally paid for Dell hardware warranty and got tech help and was told my laptop came with the hard drive imbedded in the hardware of my computer. They suggested I install the new hard drive I had ordered from Dell and then restore the operating system to that drive.

I did everything according to the instructions they had given me and my system just would not reinstall the OS. I finally gave up and paid for an hour of support from Dell software. They did a remote access and reinstalled the OS on the new drive and made the imbedded drive just an additional drive, at least I thought they did.

I just cannot find that original 65G hard drive anywhere. Plus somehow I believe I've inadvertently uploaded my picturees from my phone to that drive. Al least I have not been able to find them and they have been erased from my phone.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

rgd1101

Don't
look like it was a 32GB flash drive. usable probably less than 30GB

depend on what exact the tech did to the drive. like format the drive, that would erase all your picture.
if you have uploaded picture from your phone to that drive. should have told them to back it up first

Aug 7, 2022
The computer came with a 65G hard drive. I did not have any room left on that hard drive, thus the installation of the new one. I am trying to locate the original hard drive on my laptop after Dell software support set up the new drive as the C: drive.

Any idea on how to locate it?