Dell Staff Arrested Over 'Gunman' Publicity Stunt

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]Hmm. Pity Obama's boys in black aren't positioned on the Mexican border..according to the GAO's own 2010 report the vast majority of the border isn't secure, thus relying on 'forces' this side of the border side to apprehend dangerous criminals as well as threats to security. ---[/citation]
Come up with an original thought teabagger. This has NOTHING to do with politics. You types blame the black man in the white house while you sleep with your guns. Where were you in 2001-2009 about this? Or the fake Intel on Iraq? You know the BS war that killed 4400+ of our guys and borrowed $3 trillion from China to pay for it?
Blame Obama for your sex life or causing the sun to go away?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Still amazes me to read these type of stories and how poorly thought out some of these antics can be. Running around yelling in black with skull like face mask is idiotic! So wish there was a youtube clip! lol.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]groveborn[/nom]Perhaps one should point out that calling someone scum for having different beliefs than you, even if you find them repugnant, is the exact same thing as believing someone is inferior to you because of their skin. Same idea entirely.[/citation]I wholly agree with that principle, but wawa sxm's daft generalization about Americans and implied generalization about illegal Mexicans immigrants are not simply "different beliefs."

On topic, Rawson sounds like a complete idiot. This publicity stunt might ultimately cost Dell hundreds of thousands in potential sales.

NoniB17

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I'm not going to burn my Dell because of a publicity stunt conceived in...well...not the most illuminated synapse farm out there in the ether...as in, I didn't burn my Ford because a nutcase stormed fellow workers and murdered several of them in the factory. This poorly thought out stunt may ultimately serve a couple good purposes: It may become the poster child for What Not to Do For Publicity. It also may have alerted folks in that office as to which employees retain their cool under pressure in a (perceived) critical situation and who they'd best not count on in a real emergency.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]border is more secure then when bush was president (its easy to see they got more men down there).....but you know why they keep coming to the us? because we sell assault weapons to whomever and just love illegal drugs[/citation]
We do not sell assault weapons to "whomever". Either way, regardless of WHY they come, we should still seek to secure our borders. As to whether or not the borders are more secure, got any reputable articles?

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]Hmm. Pity Obama's boys in black aren't positioned on the Mexican border..according to the GAO's own 2010 report the vast majority of the border isn't secure, thus relying on 'forces' this side of the border side to apprehend dangerous criminals as well as threats to security. Yeah, right..the figures getting across speak for themselves and so does the crime rate..Interfering with Public Duties..how about incompetent administrations interfering with public interests? Most American's want the border sealed to stop the trafficking of drugs, people and arms. So yep, a stupid stunt went bad..expect the administration to get on it's high horse and come down like a ton of bricks on one section of society whilst at the same time doing practically booger all about an even bigger risk to local, national and global security. Hypocrites.[/citation]
Can we move this discussion and the rest that go with it to the "who gives a shit" section.... It has nothing to do with the headline and has no place in this comment section. If I wanted to read this kind of crap I'd go to CNN.com or something...... Tom's Hardware does not = whine about political shit.... unless the headlines point in that direction.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
"Deadly Conduct" is when one dons a skimask and prances around in the halls.
---

In a day and age where people walk into high schools, colleges and businesses and kill people its not really a good idea to dress up in anyway that could scare people in an environment like that. The police have to assume your intent it deadly even if in your mind it is not. Hence the SWAT teams arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.