Solved! Dell Vostro Power on LED on for only 2 seconds and then shuts

Jul 21, 2019
Hello. I have a problem with My dell vostro. It won't turn on. When power button is pressed, the power on LED goes on for about 2 seconds and then goes off together with a blink of both the NumLock and caps lock key LEDs.
I have tried all possible solutions like resetting the RAM and CPU and even holding down the power button but all in vein. Kindly assist

Solution
When you held down the power button did you make sure the batter and the charger were both disconnected from the laptop? That is the only way that option helps.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.
When you held down the power button did you make sure the batter and the charger were both disconnected from the laptop? That is the only way that option helps.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Solution