dell xps 13 i3 variant reviews

Rahul_105

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
1. What is your budget?
$1000-$1200(But i live in India)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 inch ultrabook
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not a concern
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Ultraportable
5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as possible
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Web development,Illustrator
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
SSD
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Amazon.in
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not required
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
DELL XPS 13,Macbook pro 839 H/N
13. What country do you live in?
India,

HI,

I am in the market for a dev machine preferably a long battery life ultraportable
I came across this beautiful dell laptop
http://www.amazon.in/Dell-13-3-inch-Laptop-i3-6100U-Graphics/dp/B019QG4QMQ?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=441217c3-0a01-408e-8cc5-a3553da20964

I understand that it is way more expensive here than its US price and I'm getting only the i3 version with 4gb of ram for 75k INR($1131.906)
I'm also seeing that mf839 rMBP is available for 83k INR($1252) with i5 broadwell and 8gb of ram.
http://www.amazon.in/Apple-MacBook-MF839HN-Yosemite-Graphics/dp/B00VBGWUKU

Will going for the i3 be a letdown over getting the i5 u processor.
Please assume that I dont have issues using OSX, but would go for the dell if there was no differences in day to day performance while using browsers and lightweight IDE's with the i3

Thanks in advance

Solution
The Dell XPS-13 is a terrific ultrabook laptop. I use one myself. But know its limitations before you buy it. It's not good for gaming because it has only an Intel GPU and no optical drive. You can upgrade the SSD but you can't add more RAM.

You can get an excellent XPS-13 L321X with 4GB or RAM and a 128GB Solid State Drive on eBay for about $400 US + shipping. If you want more performance and a better screen, you can spend up to $2500. I've never used Alibaba but I'm sure they have the XPS-13.

The Core i5 processor speed doesn't matter very much unless you do number crunching. It's the SSD that makes it incredibly fast.

Balrog49

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015
The Dell XPS-13 is a terrific ultrabook laptop. I use one myself. But know its limitations before you buy it. It's not good for gaming because it has only an Intel GPU and no optical drive. You can upgrade the SSD but you can't add more RAM.

You can get an excellent XPS-13 L321X with 4GB or RAM and a 128GB Solid State Drive on eBay for about $400 US + shipping. If you want more performance and a better screen, you can spend up to $2500. I've never used Alibaba but I'm sure they have the XPS-13.

The Core i5 processor speed doesn't matter very much unless you do number crunching. It's the SSD that makes it incredibly fast.

Solution