Solved! Dell xps 13 keyboard multi-tap

Oct 18, 2021
Hi everyone,
My laptop was working well and out of the sudden, something really odd is happening : My keyboard is typing some keys at the same time.
Space is also enter and vice versa, v is vb, b is vb, n is mn and m is mn and / is \/. Does anyone knows what could have happened and how to fix it ?
Thanks

Solution
Hi,
I did, including trying to Boot on another system (Windows 11 then Ubuntu) and performing a cleanup with avast nothing changed. It looks like a hardware issue to me but it doesn't make sense to me that only those keys aren't working and in pairs...
Seems like that part of the board does have a hardware issue, since those keys are all right next to each other. Trying it on another PC verified that, especially if it's continuous. If it is under warranty, get it replaced.
Oct 18, 2021
Hi,
I did, including trying to Boot on another system (Windows 11 then Ubuntu) and performing a cleanup with avast nothing changed. It looks like a hardware issue to me but it doesn't make sense to me that only those keys aren't working and in pairs...

mrmike16

Honorable
Hi,
Seems like that part of the board does have a hardware issue, since those keys are all right next to each other. Trying it on another PC verified that, especially if it's continuous. If it is under warranty, get it replaced.

Solution
Oct 18, 2021
After the night, it is fixed. I am a little scared of the reason it was malfunctioning (and the one that fixed it !) and I'll send it for replacement if it start again.
Thanks for your help.
Simon

Reactions: mrmike16