Dell's 7'' and 10'' Streak Tablets Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]looks nice, +1 if it can make phone calls aswell[/citation]
Looks like an iPad?

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone else feel that naming a product, which can be plagued by finger smudges, the 'Streak' wasn't a great move?

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Shez[/nom]Anyone else feel that naming a product, which can be plagued by finger smudges, the 'Streak' wasn't a great move?[/citation]
LMAO at these names. A few days ago I was loling at Microsoft Kin :lol:

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Looks like an iPad?[/citation]

It's a tablet, how else should it look?

They have been around for a while, not exactly copying the iPad. If anything the iPad is copying failed inventions of the past.

dsaver

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Microsoft Set forth by Pc makers and Microsoft back in 2001. Motion Computing Had one of the few first tablet Pcs. I have one and it looks like every other tablet Pc and Ipad knock off of the idea, and also ran by a 1ghz processor, and can multitask.

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
If i can put linux on it, I'd be very interested. Although, the simmtronics simmbook is a netbook fully designed to work with linux, and its sub 200 dollars to boot

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]It's a tablet, how else should it look?They have been around for a while, not exactly copying the iPad. If anything the iPad is copying failed inventions of the past.[/citation]

Yeah the whole extra thick glossy black bezel has been around for years. Right? Right?

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
this looks like an ipad with a dell logo on the back. Apple is like that geeky kid in class where he guesses the answer and everybody copies him because he's apple, he'll get it right.

For once i would like to see somebody like HP or dell, or anyone to come up with an original computing idea and run with it.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Yeah the whole extra thick glossy black bezel has been around for years. Right? Right?[/citation]

Yes. In phones. There's already a general consensus the iPad is like a big phone... Without a phone. So yeah, the iPad design isn't at all revolutionary.

If they can keep the pricetag on the Streaks (... That *is* a terrible name) down, I'm interested.

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
I'm not sure who can up with the business plan to have 3 screen size models (5",7",10")... it would more sense to stick with one or two...

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I think it would be better to have a tablet that is about 13"-15", not because it needs more viewing space, but so typing and other synaptics tasks could be easier. I don't know much about touch screens and their tech, but I know that the multitouch technology is taking off, so why not include it in some bigger full sized tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.