Democrats Ask $650M More for Move to DTV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@UmmmmNoGuy: Yes, I understand what they are buying with the money, but having technological infrastructure includes ENABLING it. Otherwise, those poor rural white republicans can't afford their own box, and won't have a TV, and the switch will never happen. But regardless, it's a little too late to start spending wisely now, we have more debt that we could ever pay off, courtesy of Bush, Bush and Reagan.

G

"But regardless, it's a little too late to start spending wisely now, we have more debt that we could ever pay off, courtesy of Bush, Bush and Reagan."

Ahh... the brilliant liberal reasoning of we wasted money in the past, why not waste more? Almost as classic as Obama calling the 20Bil/yr in earmarks a "relatively small amount" when asked if this practice should be ended. Small waste on a single program leads to small waste on 100's, 1000's, 1,000,000's of programs. If I'm $1,000,000 in debt and am still lighting cigars with $100bills, should I justify it by saying well I'm so far in debt what's another $100, I've been doing it for years, why stop now?

It seems you are more intent on making this a Dem/Rep thing then commenting on the merits of this. 1.3Bil has been spent on this program with a proposal to take it to 2Bil when all is said and done. This would represent nearly 50Mil coupons! How many have been given out? Who exactly are we "enabling"?

Does changing infrastructure require it is ENABLED for 100%? I would like to see this logic extended to other infrastructure projects. It's not like people are being excluded - they have had YEARS to save for a $40box and/or apply for a coupon..

Status
Not open for further replies.