Solved! Denon Reciever to PC connection

May 4, 2020
Hi,
I'm trying to connect a Denon AVR-1602 reciever to my PC to play stereo and 5.1 surround out of it. I have 5 satellite speakers and a subwoofer on speakers 'A' and two full range speakers on 'B'. I've tried connecting all the 6 coaxial ports to the respective ports on my pc (3 x 3.5mm jacks) but sound only comes out of the rear right speaker. I can't seem to get even just Youtube to come out of the two front speakers at least, just out of the rear right.

Thanks

Solution
Did you configure the sound card options for 5.1 use? Using the correct cables (you wold need 3.5mm to dual RCA cables I am guessing, or maybe even a special cable that came with the card).
May 4, 2020
I've configured the settings properly, the three 3.5mm jacks are attached to the motherboard as there is no soundcard slot available (They aren't 2.5mm)- I've actually realised the problem most likely lies within the wires themselves - they only work in some positions! I've ordered some more the other day, I'll say if this fixes the problem when I get them.