Destiny: The Dark Below - Everything You Need to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merry_Blind

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
No thanks. I'll get this game once all the content has been released as the "Ultimate Edition" in 10 years, a.k.a. when the game will be done.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
No thanks. I'll get this game once all the content has been released as the "Ultimate Edition" in 10 years, a.k.a. when the game will be done.

i don't know what the condition the game was released in was, but keep in mind many years ago there were things called expansion packs for non mmo games.

did destiny by todays standards give you 60$ worth of entertainment if you went in knowing the mechanics? does it feel like crap has been cut out to be fed to us piece by piece?

Merry_Blind

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

i don't know what the condition the game was released in was, but keep in mind many years ago there were things called expansion packs for non mmo games.

did destiny by todays standards give you 60$ worth of entertainment if you went in knowing the mechanics? does it feel like crap has been cut out to be fed to us piece by piece?

Don't worry, I remember the time of expansion packs too. I'm young, but not THAT young lol.
I'll admit, I haven't played Destiny yet, but I've read a lot on it, both from users and critics, and pretty much everyone agree that there isn't enough diversity in the content and that you always do the same thing over and over and over and over again. Many people also say that content was blatantly cut out to be fed to us piece by piece.
Everybody agrees that the gameplay is spot-on and awesome fun, and that musical score is incredible, but everybody also agree that it's lacking in everything else.

On of my friends got it on PS4 for 30$. He says it's good, but that he really wouldn't advice buying this game full-price as it is.

Just look it up.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
From the Devs:

"Thanks for all the Beta player. Please continue to support us in the official release game called The Dark Below"

Lol. Diablo 3 before the expansion, Reaper of Souls, was very bad but after they add expansion it is now becoming amazingly fun again. Maybe this also the case with Destiny? But no! Diablo 3 is more affordable than this overhyped bullshit.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
People complain about various things about Destiny. The only thing I complain about is that it isn't on PC (yet).

First world problems I know...

Merry_Blind

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

Don't worry man. I'm sure it will be released on PC eventually, and when it does, it will be a more complete package than the anemic one that was released so far on consoles. You're just better off waiting for more content in any case, so don't worry about it lol.

xerolucid

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
Eggtastico it is not possible to do that in 2 hours. Most strikes without just running through them and cheating takes about 30 minutes.

I have put so much game time and pleasure into the game that it is well worth the money. It is incredibly fun but not for everyone. If you have a 2 minute attention span skip it. Best game I have played in a very long time.

Eggtastico

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014

OK, it was a little over 2 hours. Maybe by about 10mins. The whole new DLC is not very challenging. Apart from the strike (which does not take to long - its a single boss tank n spank while taking care of adds), the most time consuming part was the patrol of the facilities areas for the 3 daily missions. I started shortly after 9am GMT & was done by about 11.15-11.20

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
@Eggtastic - I hate to even defend this game, but I guess you should do the raid. I'm told the 1st group to finish the raid took 5 hours and 58 minutes to do so.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ornxm/crota_has_been_ended/

xerolucid

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

Ahhh. My bad. I thought you were saying two hours to play through full game. I got ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.