Dev Angry Over App Approval, Apple Responds

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

To hell with Apple and their idiocy. Just a company that thrives on suing over patents and claim they are better than everyone at everything. I still don't understand why people want glorified ipods with a crippled ability to use it as a phone, if you can get a signal. When Steve Jobs isn't around as the CEO anymore, I bet they will bring Al Gore to the rescue. I think he would be a perfect fit. They can take over the world together, one idiot at a time.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
1984 all over again. Apple does not learn from the pass, iphone and ipod touch will be the thing of the pass real soon.
Keep up the good work apple here comes microsoft zune market place.

jokemeister

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Apple are laughing all the way to the bank. I'm sure their finance department couldn't care less about the problems considering there are so many apps that no one will miss the comparatively few that are rejected. All this controversy is simply publicity for Apple.

walkthetalk

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
How is this any different than how Nintendo does business with application developers? Some companies CARE about what software is associated with their hardware. That is simply smart marketing and smart for business. That said if someone does develop an app. and it does meet the criteria then Apple should get out of the way.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]1984 all over again. Apple does not learn from the pass, iphone and ipod touch will be the thing of the pass real soon.Keep up the good work apple here comes microsoft zune market place.[/citation]
I hate apple and thier apple tax so believe me this is not fanboy'ism...

Your on crack! Zune is a good product, but hasn't a chance in hell of overtaking the ipod in sales. Ipod and touch will not be a thing of the past soon, the sales are as high as ever.... And as much as WE ALL hate it, the fact is Ipod is better then Zune.

Apple doesnt care about the Apps they reject, there 36,000 strong anyhow.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]And as much as WE ALL hate it, the fact is Ipod is better then Zune.[/citation]
The iPod is certainly more popular, but the Zune trounces the hell out of it. I fail to understand how as simple an operating system as the iPod runs, it still manages to freeze at least three times a week under normal usage. Really guys, do you employ apes to type your half-ass code?

Thank goodness for RockBox, actually add functionality and SIGNIFICANTLY improve the iPod with drag-and-drop (read: no garbage iTunes requirement) music organization, FLAC support and no freezing, just to name a few.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Are you telling me if I open a pet store I have to sell certain pet foods?

It's my own god damn store I can sell whatever the hell I want.

You can complain all day, but this is the APPLE APPSTORE. It's not government owned and it sure as hell doesn't have to sell anyone's apps.

Apple is where it's at due to it's design and research. Have you seen their laptops lately? They are a design generation ahead of any other non-Apple laptop. The iPhone is still the phone 'to-have' due to it's ease of use and design. Ever since the iPhone dropped, all of a sudden every smartphone has to have an appstore or a multi-touch screen (G1/Pre/Storm/etc.).

Lets face it, Apple is a pioneer in the computing world whether you like it or not. Even BillG's wife wants an iPhone.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Everyone here who is smashing Apple because of this is JUST AS BAD as them! You really don't have a reason except, that your pissed.

Topic: iPod Apps

Reason you don't like it?: Your pissed

Recourse: Blog on Tom's about how much you hate Apple and their cash making marketing schemes.

HUH???

walkthetalk

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Clearly a few Micro$oft fanboys here. If you don't like Apple, PLEASE stick with Microsoft! They have been telling you that it will get better since Windows 1.0 and many of you are STILL waiting for what they have been promising to deliver for more than a decade.. As for me, as someone who works with Microsoft, Linux and OS X desktop and server, I can say that I have been consistently UNDERWHELMED with Microsoft anything.

Did someone say Zune??!?! It is and was a complete dud! Oh yes there will be a new version soon... and who WOULD CARE at this point??! By the time that is out there will be more iPods, iTouches and iPhones to kick it in the pants.. keep on hoping because with Microsoft, that is all you will EVER HAVE!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Honestly, stop bashing the crap out of Apple. It's sick, disturbing and overflowing with IGNORANCE. Please let off a little, half of what you say is BS and shouldn't even be considered.

Honestly, my iPod has not crashed in a long time. The last time I remember was a failed app, which was the developers fault. As for your whinny bitchings, Apple has a FORUM for suggestions and user feedback, take out your anger with competent help for the company, not ignorant rage with them.

**For the record, I own and solely use a Vista X64 destop every day, but own an iPod touch, and use iTunes for my music, but Windows Media Center or VLC for movies. I use a mix, and have Mac's in my house and have used them (parents own them) and like them as well, but I need my PC for gaming. There is a balance to what you need or don't need, so quit complaining if it doesn't fit your needs.

So don't call me a fanboi, because, I'm clearly not. But seriously, LAY OFF.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The way I see it, Apple has the right to accept and reject any software, just like Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo can with their software. Since I don't have an iPhone and I wouldn't waste my money on apps anyways, I could care less.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mactruck[/nom]Hard to listen to feedback over the thunderous roar of cash flowing in from the iPhone sheeple.[/citation]

No, the thunder was just another iPod exploding.
We're not supposed to talk about it.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
He does not have permission to republish the letter? What the fuck is he talking about? A letter is not a copyrighted work and if someone is writing something to you, you have the right to post it. Grow a fucking backbone people. This developer is just as spineless as the rest of the people in this mix.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I hope Apple reads this site. I want them to know that I have jail broken all of my iPhones and that I use apps that they have rejected. Fuck you Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.