Dev-C++ or Code Blocks using Windows 7

RealHighlander

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
I´ve used both to compile and run my programs, and everything worked fine until yesterday. Now all I get is the black Dos screen with no output, just a blank, black square. Reinstalled both IDEs but the problem continues. Any ideas please?

Could be a PSU or MB problem. Any strange sounds from the case or lack of sound?

Try some easy things first:

All cables (monitor especially) plugged in and secure?

Do the IDEs work in another computer?

Re-examine your code and look for any errors that might have had some negative effect.

Can you boot via Safe Mode?

Do you have a rescue disk?

Try booting via USB and open source software.

Then check the PSU, the fans, all internal connections and work though it all.

Need to methodically work through the possibilities to see what, if anything, can be discovered.

Is it just DevC++/CodeBlock, or everything else Command-Prompt based?
Can you open Command Prompt?
FWIK, DevC++/CodeBlock use GNU C++ compiler (and the black box you see is actually calling the compiler), check that it is installed properly.

OTOH - under Windows, there is just one C/C++ IDE. Everything else is miles behind, especially for debugging.

RealHighlander

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
Yes, everything works as expected. I tried executing a very simple Hello World program like #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){cout << "Hello World" << endl; return 0; }
When I execute the program the DOS window appears, but no text is printed in it?

TRENDING THREADS