Device Detective is it Safe?

Solution
I will say no.

I would not recommend using such services. Device drivers should be obtained directly from the manufacturer's website.

You basically lose control of where the drivers are coming from, how current they may really be, who tested or vetted the drivers, when the drivers may be downloaded and installed (some auto update), and probably no recourse if things go bad.

Could also contain crapware or other some default setting changes you would not want.

I will say no.

I would not recommend using such services. Device drivers should be obtained directly from the manufacturer's website.

You basically lose control of where the drivers are coming from, how current they may really be, who tested or vetted the drivers, when the drivers may be downloaded and installed (some auto update), and probably no recourse if things go bad.

Could also contain crapware or other some default setting changes you would not want.

Solution

OhioLeda

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Agree with Ralston..
Many motherboard/Video Card website sites have auto-detect applets that will get what is needed.

Or if not, look at the component's silk screening and locate the companies site to find the drivers.