Diablo III's Real Money Auction House Launches in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
no one is buying anything on there with real money. they are trying to sell, but no one is buying because the tax is too high. get rid of that $1 dollar flax tax and lower the % that blizzard takes, then people might start making transactions.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
the transactions will be smaller in value, but smaller take is better than no take at all. as it is, you can't see anything for less than a dollar, which is what the real value of these items are.

spazoid

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
[citation][nom]sten_gn[/nom]Is it me or people are weak minded ... by paying real money for unreal "items".[/citation]

Unless you've never paid for a software licence, you're a hypocrite.

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
[citation][nom]spazoid[/nom]Unless you've never paid for a software licence, you're a hypocrite.[/citation]

Atleast you actually own that copy of software you just paid for and cannot be taken away from you. Unlike with in-game items when the game goes down so does the in-game items you bought with real world money.

You can't take your armors and weapons home out in the real world now can you.

spazoid

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
[citation][nom]flowingbass[/nom]Atleast you actually own that copy of software you just paid for and cannot be taken away from you. Unlike with in-game items when the game goes down so does the in-game items you bought with real world money.You can't take your armors and weapons home out in the real world now can you.[/citation]

I do actually own this piece of virtual equipment until I break the EULA and get banned.
The game does not "go down", just look at D2 - the servers are still running. Do you still have support for Windows 2000 for which you paid a healthy amount of money?

And no, I can't take my armor and weapons home, but I do not really run around with my software licences either.

Your arguments are, in my very honest opinion, invalid at best.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]spazoid[/nom]I do actually own this piece of virtual equipment until I break the EULA and get banned.The game does not "go down", just look at D2 - the servers are still running. Do you still have support for Windows 2000 for which you paid a healthy amount of money?And no, I can't take my armor and weapons home, but I do not really run around with my software licences either.Your arguments are, in my very honest opinion, invalid at best.[/citation]

One critical think you've missed is the fact that people actually liked d2, it wasnt released as a piece of shit which D3 obviously was. I can see spending money on in game items, but for D3, terrible idea.

spazoid

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
[citation][nom]maxiim[/nom]One critical think you've missed is the fact that people actually liked d2, it wasnt released as a piece of shit which D3 obviously was. I can see spending money on in game items, but for D3, terrible idea.[/citation]

Thank you for the most objective post I've ever seen on the internet. [borat voice] not [/borat voice]

cTs Corvette

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I've listed a few items for as cheaply as I possibly can-$2.50 buyout. After Blizzard gets their $1 and then they take another 15% for transferring it to Paypal, I net $1.27. So far I've sold one item, lol. But why not, it's making money off something I'm doing anyway. Maybe I can sell enough to recoup my $60. If I do, I'll probably quit playing it, because the game really isn't that much fun. It was awesome the first playthrough, now it's just a grind, and a tedious one at that. I'm not sure where all these fantastic drops that come up for sale in the auction house come from, I can play for days and not find any better gear.

element1981

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Lets face it, it's no different than paying a monthly fee to play an MMO. Either way, you're paying real money for something that is digital. If that's your thing then so be it. Some people enjoy cars, some enjoy books, and some enjoy playing an online game. Either way, the feeling of satisfaction you get from something that you enjoy is real, and it equates to some monetary value. It's subjective to the individual. So if people want to pay for digital items, let them. Who cares if it's not your money? I personally wouldn't spend a dime for digital items... but at least I can see why someone else might. Curb your ignorance before posting here people.

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]spazoid[/nom]I do actually own this piece of virtual equipment until I break the EULA and get banned.The game does not "go down", just look at D2 - the servers are still running. Do you still have support for Windows 2000 for which you paid a healthy amount of money?And no, I can't take my armor and weapons home, but I do not really run around with my software licences either.Your arguments are, in my very honest opinion, invalid at best.[/citation]

I guess you forgot about SWG? I had about $200 worth of "real money" acquired items from their TCG system and I have absolutely zero access to any of it anymore. There should be a law to prevent access from being taken away but we probably will never see it. I learned my lesson there, never again will I waste money on "virtual items" unless there is a law or guarantee that they will not remove access to them. Money totally wasted.

BigMack70

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
People are freaking insane if they're actually buying items at their asking prices... I just browsed around and the absolute MINIMUM price most people are selling half-decent items at is $20, and great end-game gear is often carrying a price tag of $100+.

I sincerely hope nobody is stupid enough to actually buy anything at those prices. You spent $60 on the entire freaking game... why would you then spend 2x-3x that amount on fake items? And sellers are just so ridiculously greedy that it's hilarious.

IF
I were to use the RMAH, I could maybe see myself spending ~$5-10 to get one or two really awesome items that aren't available easily from the gold AH. At that point you're basically treating it as DLC. Can't imagine why anyone would ever want to spend more than that, though.

regnineurg

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
i sell all my items for 1.25 buyout, which is the minimum, and have already sold many of my items. not bad considering its basically free money in my spare time =)

sten_gn

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011

You pointed out interesting thing, i CAN STILL USE Windows 2000 if i want, but in case of D3 you will end up with nothing, if they decide to close game server ...
Of course you can try steeling server code ... or look for server emulation.
Additionally they may even change something in game and your item becomes same a normal or worst.

This game is money drainer, your paying 60$ and more just to get some better items, because you can't find better ... How do you know which are from REAL players and which are from Failzzard.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
This is something I'll never understand...looks like a waste of good money to me.

oh well, back to work I guess...

G

RMAH prices will be somewhat tied to the value of gold, like in any MMO. Gold is roughly 5-10USD per million and high end weapons go for 20mil and up. Do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.