Did Apple Just Buy iCloud for $4,500,000?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Seriously, in the age of Discus and Akismet spam comments still appear in the wild on a site like this?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Im starting to wonder if Toms is letting the site get spammed on purpose. They should hire, or give some people moderator priviliges like other spamless sights do. If the spmmers a robot, just do some captchas. All the spam is giving alot of people reasons to follow other sights, because its so annoying.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Im starting to wonder if Toms is letting the site get spammed on purpose. They should hire, or give some people moderator priviliges like other spamless sights do. If the spmmers a robot, just do some captchas. All the spam is giving alot of people reasons to follow other sights, because its so annoying.[/citation]
I have similar ideas expressed in the feedbacks part of the site, here:
http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/forums/14581-site-forum-ideas/suggestions/1687631-readers-helping-fighting-spam?ref=title
Vote for my idea, maybe they will implement it.

We don't do it deliberately ... trust me it is a chore we hate and the new software is coming for the site soon.

I do not enjoy banging my head against a brick wall anyomre than you do bustapr !!

:)

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
If it happens to be true, then it is a record price for a domain. I remember all the buying, selling, and auctions that took place before the .com bubble burst. I think the record back then was somewhere around one million dollars. One of the million dollar domains was drugs.com.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ohseus[/nom]ok go to...http://www.forbes.com/global2000/l [...] nyCapValueSort by market value. The first listed is Exxon Mobile at 407.2Billion. Second is Apple at 324.3 at least when the list was compiled.[/citation]
A company isn't just evaluated by the Market Value, there's also other variables, you're just trying to distort what is presented on the list for your needs. Also if you go to the leftmost column you would noticed that Apple rank is 47. In terms of technology companies, HP, Samsung and IBM are ahead of Apple.

G

Update!
The Cloud Web Desktop, formerly known as icloud.com, which was available through the CloudMe service during a transition period has now found a new home – CloudTop.com.
CloudTop, as a CloudMe Ready partner, will continue to use CloudMe as its online storage and authentication service.

Status
Not open for further replies.