Difference between 2 Jitterbug smartphones....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisardela

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Being a senior I'm looking for an easy smartphone. Without understanding fully, I kind of set my eyes on a Jitterbug smartphone but found descriptions of their different kinds rather confusing. For instance I need to know what the difference is between these 2 phones:

Jitterbug Smart Easy-to-Use 5.5” for Seniors AND...
Jitterbug Flip Easy-to-Use Cell Phone for Seniors

I noticed on their sites they show even more o their phones with slightly similar names:

Jitterbug Smart
Jitterbug Flip
lively Mobile

Could someone here help me? Thanks ever so much! :) Adela

Solution
I see. Number 1, not a smart phone. Number 2 is, as is 3.

Any of the 'smartphone' ones should be able to do the things you mentioned. I would just really consider checking out the other services. MetroPCS, StraightTalk, etc. You may find you get a better deal.
Well that first one is a smart phone. The second isn't. You would only need the smart phone version if you wanted to do many other things with the device. Email, internet access, games, etc.

Where as the second one wouldn't have them.

To be honest, if you only want it for calls, and maybe texts, then I would go with the flip one. Unless you really want better quality photos, then the first one is better. Has a better camera.

You should also take into consideration how much you plan to use it. With that particular company, although they say it is senior friendly and all (the phones) you also pay quite a bit for not a lot of minutes. Plus you have to have separate costs for minutes, texts and data if using a smart phone. In such a case you might be better off with one of the cheap companies that have unlimited minutes and texts, plus some data, for a single monthly fee.

pisardela

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Thank you so much webworkings. I kept trying to understand more by reading more opinions, before I buy one, and by now I learned that there yet are more kinds of Jitterbug phones. If you could compare for me these 3 I'd appreciate it so much:

1. Jitterbug Touch3
2. Jitterbug PLUS
3. Jitterbug Smartphone (I learned a little about this one)

This company spreads out all different/similar names to these phones instead of neatly listing them with their respective descriptions/prices to decide and buy! It seems they prefer to lose customers by keeping us desperately confused...

Sorry for bringing you more problems, but could you help me again please? I'm eager to buy it because I need it but don't want to have to return it or live in hell with it. Hope for more help? Thank you again!

pisardela

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

Thank you so much webworkings. I kept reading more opinions, before I buy it, and by now I learned that there are yet more kinds of Jitterbug phones. If you could compare for me these 3 I'd appreciate it so much:

1. Jitterbug Touch3
2. Jitterbug PLUS
3. Jitterbug Smartphone (I learned a little about this one)

This company spreads out different/similar names ot its phones instead of neatly listing them with their respective descriptions/prices to make us decide and buy! They prefer to lose customers by keeping us desperately confused...

Sorry for bringing you more problems, but could you help me again please? I'm eager to buy because I need it, but don't want to have to return it or live in hell with it.

Love your signature! Thank you again! :)

pisardela

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
I'm sorry I didn't answer your specific questions so you could help me better: Because I have a desktop at home, I won't be using the smartphone a lot, only when I'm on the street to get directions when I get lost, etc., or in case my desktop stops running, plus email; texting; take/update flash photos. But also internet; hearing aid compatible... and while at it I'd love to video taping.

These are the things I haven't been able to know if I can get on the Jitterbug Smartphone. If you happen to know, it will be most appreciated.

I see. Number 1, not a smart phone. Number 2 is, as is 3.

Any of the 'smartphone' ones should be able to do the things you mentioned. I would just really consider checking out the other services. MetroPCS, StraightTalk, etc. You may find you get a better deal.

Solution

pisardela

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

Thank you again so much! I was soooo exhausted from searching I decided, for better or for worse, to buy the Jitterbug Smartphone and hope I made a right decision. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.