Difference between PDF reader and productivity suite

Zic

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I was wondering what the Difference between PDF reader and productivity suite is but here's what I currently think and PDF Reader is where you download a PDF and you can read it but not edit it and a productivity suite is where you edit the PDFs here is a website where it shows software you need for a new PC and a productivity suite is in page 15 and a PDF reader is on page 12
(There is a box in the Corner click that it will show you all the pages)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2082305/software/your-new-pc-needs-these-22-free-programs.html#slide12

Thanks

Solution
Heh wow, PC world doesn't work for me, must be [censored] off my adblocker something fierce, can't go through the slides.

BUt yeah a PDF reader only lets you read PDFs or fill out PDF forms. A productivity suite is usually only things like [strike]Word and Excel[/strike] Microsoft Office.

A PDF Editor, i.e. Adobe Acrobat, lets you actually make PDFs from scratch, and do things like add in typable boxes so you can make forms people can fill out and print or save and send off. (Like a job application or a medical waver or something)

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
A PDF reader is exactly what it sounds like, A productivity suite contains a number of programs, similar to Microsoft Office which may include a program to create PDF files. The suite would also have word processing, Something like excel for math, presentation software, etc. Editing PDF's might require a bit more software than a free productivity suite has to offer.

James Mason

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Heh wow, PC world doesn't work for me, must be [censored] off my adblocker something fierce, can't go through the slides.

BUt yeah a PDF reader only lets you read PDFs or fill out PDF forms. A productivity suite is usually only things like [strike]Word and Excel[/strike] Microsoft Office.

A PDF Editor, i.e. Adobe Acrobat, lets you actually make PDFs from scratch, and do things like add in typable boxes so you can make forms people can fill out and print or save and send off. (Like a job application or a medical waver or something)

Solution