Different voltage between battery and label

zeilbtam

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
So recently I opened my refurbished laptop for the first time to clean it, and notice the battery has "DC 11.4V/11,4 = 43Wh/3655mAh" printed on it. But on the case outside it has a sticker with 19V on it. The power plugin hole also has "19V" etched besides it.

I don't know what's going on but I've been using a 19V adapter and my laptop does heat up easily and have problems with touchpad a lot.

Question is, is it ok to use a 12V charger (because I can't find a 11.4V adapter) or should I get a new 19V battery, or stay the same?

Solution

Hi, no it's not ok to use a 12 volt charger, you need 19 volts of the adapter to charge the battery to 11.4 volts and power the laptop. So, you do not need a new 19 volt adapter, you can change the battery with the same voltage when it will not keep a charge. For your heating problem, you can clean the fan and maybe change the thermal compound on the CPU / GPU.

Hi, no it's not ok to use a 12 volt charger, you need 19 volts of the adapter to charge the battery to 11.4 volts and power the laptop. So, you do not need a new 19 volt adapter, you can change the battery with the same voltage when it will not keep a charge. For your heating problem, you can clean the fan and maybe change the thermal compound on the CPU / GPU.

Solution