Digital Equivalents Definition

Varenthal

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
Hi, I am trying, (in vain it seems) to find a definition of what digital equivalents are. It would be in terms of the relation of digital equivalents to f-stops/T-stops. Any help in pointing me to any place that has a clear and simple definition is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Since digital cameras use F-Stops the same as optical cameras, and adjust exposure time the same as film cameras, F-Stops and T-Stops are the same. ISO is even the same since it represents the sensitivity of the surface (film or CCD array) to light.

Maybe if you could better explain what you believe are the differences?

Varenthal

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Varenthal : "Digital Equivalents Definition"

Hi, I am trying, (in vain it seems) to find a definition of what digital equivalents are. It would be in terms of the relation of digital equivalents to f-stops/T-stops. Any help in pointing me to any place that has a clear and simple definition is greatly appreciated.

kanewolf

Judicious
Since digital cameras use F-Stops the same as optical cameras, and adjust exposure time the same as film cameras, F-Stops and T-Stops are the same. ISO is even the same since it represents the sensitivity of the surface (film or CCD array) to light.

Maybe if you could better explain what you believe are the differences?

Solution