Question Digitally Signed Driver Is Required Windows 10 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiactaylor110ce

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Hi,

System: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

I am trying to run JungleFlasher 0.1.96 Beta. When I open it, I get this error from JungleFlasher:

"Can't install portio.sys driver! Press F8 at boot to 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' OR Test sign the driver an run in 'Test Mode'

And Be Sure to 'Run as Administrator' !

I tried disabling Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows setup before booting into WIndows. This didn't work. The application loaded with out the above warning(in bold) showing up, but then Windows pulled up an error that said it couldn't install the driver because it wasn't signed and it said the program may not run correctly.

After disabling this in setup didn't work, I tried using an application called DSEO. I followed the directions and led it to the path to manually sign the system file driver. And then rebooted and put DSEO in "Test Mode". JungleFlasher still didn't launch without any unsigned driver warnings.

I have also installed .NET framework 1.0 along with having 3.5( includes ,NET 2.0 and 3.0) already installed.

Any suggestions on running this program that requires an unsigned driver? I have tried Windows built in way to not require drivers to be signed and it didn't work. I also tried 3rd part application to sign the driver, and as I said, this didn't work either.

I have researched this a lot and everyone seems to get one or the other to work correctly. I haven't had that luck. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, please help.

PS: I have the portio64.sys and libusb0.dll files in the directory where the JungleFlasher.exe is, so I know this isn't the issue. I'm completely out of ideas, so please help! Thanks!

pontiactaylor110ce

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Search box.
2 .Under Programs, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.
3 .At the command prompt, type the following text, and then press Enter: bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING OFF.
4 .Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your computer.

This puts Windows in test mode and then you can install unsigned drivers. To revert back to normal, replace "OFF" with "ON" in the command.

Status
Not open for further replies.