Director of Apple's App Store Violated App Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Yes look at the last line in the article

"You have to get a special exception from a VP."

So did you find out if he got this permission before posting a title like that? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

cryptz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2004
do we really care if he violated the apple app rules? without his violation the world would have missed out on such an amazing contribution to society.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
"Innocent until proven guilty" never really happened (written policy, yes, but how often is it really followed?). This is America we're talking about. Land of the fee and home of the slave.

ahnilated

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

"Innocent until proven guilty" never really happened (written policy, yes, but how often is it really followed?). This is America we're talking about. Land of the fee and home of the slave.

You forgot taxed to death and after it.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom]Yes look at the last line in the article "You have to get a special exception from a VP."So did you find out if he got this permission before posting a title like that? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?[/citation]

While I completely see where you're coming from, if that were the case, it would have made more sense for the Apple rep to say, "Phillip’s followed the necessary protocol for employees submitting applications to the App Store."

Instead she lied and said it was submitted and approved before he started working at Apple, which just wasn't the case.

Anyway, in the event that he did seek approval and was awarded permission for the apps, I've changed the wording of the title. : )

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Anyway, in the event that he did seek approval and was awarded permission for the apps, I've changed the wording of the title. : )[/citation]

Lol :) Thanks

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Peeing and farting apps? Quite an insult to Apple users. What they really need is an app that they can just look at for hours to see how an apple rot.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
The only question I ask myself when reading this is: how is this news? Farts and pee are utterly boring, iPhones are utterly boring and Apple's censorship is utterly boring. So why bloody bother to post about it?

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Rumour has it Apples launching the Ipoo'd due the popularity of such apps as mentioned above. The Ipoo'd however is a non functioning toilet like device you have installed in your home. If the urge ever takes you to buy and Apple product, you simply put your money in the specially addressed cannister, like the money tubes you see floating about in supermarkets. Pop the thing down the Ipoo'd and flush it directly to Steve Jobs. Saves all the hassle of heading to the Apple store and ending up with a houseful of cr*p.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Wow, another fiasco and more lies. Where does it stop? Not condemning the guy... I just think Apple is taking a defensive route every time they get negative press and giving the "best" answer instead of the correct one. This serves only a couple purposes. Apple fans will defend... Apple haters will condemn... and overall people will stay away. No matter what brand loyalty your product has you will always have "edge" users that will defect over negative press.. and of course events like these don't win any new customers.

silentbobdc

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Now crapple's app approval/rejections make more sense. I mean what can you expect when the guy running the show has the mentality of a 3-year-old.

G

the better then everyone else with higher quality apps and major reason for buying an iPhone app store in all it's glory

take that android.....

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
....why the --expletive deleted-- would I want to see cartoon animals take a crap? sure farting might have been entertaining when I was four, but how many four year olds have money and an iphone?

G

@braneman

mental of physical age? apparently there's a fair few of them, otherwise there wouldn't be so many of these apps, supply and demand....

fa_q2

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Who cares? An apple employee created a few crap apps, no big deal. Don't download them. He violated apple policy and that is a matter for apple to take care of, it matters not to the rest of us. Tell me when apple employees are breaking the law, until then get some better news.

Status
Not open for further replies.