DirecTV Launching Dedicated 3D HD Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
nice, i hope the converter box's are relatively inexpensive and are compatible with 60hz lcd's. I know nvidia's 3D vision only works with 120hz monitors. I just bought my tv a couple months ago and wasn't planning on upgrading for a long long time.

G

Still waiting for Holographic projectors for true 3D videos and gaming.

Wearing a pair of glasses to watch 3D is so Retro 1950's

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
no glasses please...funny picture all the family sitting with 3d glasses...

Grandma comes along and is now wearing two pairs of glases coz she could not get perscription 3d specs...lool

And the visitor forgot his glases and cant make out shit :?

G

SAY CHEESE!

Who wants to see a Funny Picture of themselves with everyone sitting around wearing 3D Glasses? :D

G

Crap. I guess regular non-3D HDTVs and plasma TVs are going to be obsolete and phased out soon.

G

Crap. I guess non-3D regular HDTVs and plasma TVs will become obsolete and phased out soon.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
yeah.to bad for all of us who bought nice TV and now is forced to spend even more money.
so i guess we got to all spend a couple grand............
well i can not do this as i have a limited budget.

ender21

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
You're kidding right. You're worried what it might look like if people saw you wearing 3D glasses? Let's see, Jackie O sunglasses were dorky 5 years ago but are now popular again, people wear all sorts of PJs or even nothing at all in the comfort of their own home, but glasses the likes of RealD 3D glasses cause you to worry what you might look like?

Definitely a cutting off your nose to spite your face situation!

Now price on the other hand...

cdillon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]gorehound[/nom]yeah.to bad for all of us who bought nice TV and now is forced to spend even more money.so i guess we got to all spend a couple grand............well i can not do this as i have a limited budget.[/citation]

Forced? Do they have a gun to your head?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
60Hz LCD's *should* be compatible. Our television signals are only 24Hz anyways.

I have absolutely no need for 120Hz (or even 240Hz) for watching a movie anyways,

And by HD, do they mean 720p or 1080p? I can only assume 720p...

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]60Hz LCD's *should* be compatible. Our television signals are only 24Hz anyways.I have absolutely no need for 120Hz (or even 240Hz) for watching a movie anyways,And by HD, do they mean 720p or 1080p? I can only assume 720p...[/citation]

The jumpy picture on a 60hz LCD annoys the crap out of me. It's easily worth the extra $100 for 120hz processing.

G

I can't wait. I already have a Mits 3D ready TV, Nvidia glasses and DirecTV. It never fails to surprise me how 3D nay-sayers can express such passionate hatred for 3D. As if their way of life is being threatened by mutant X-men with evil powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.