DirectX11 Problem On W10.

Greg_66

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Hi, I am trying to run ESO on a laptop that I recently installed Windows 10 on. I ran the game on this comp previously with Windows 7. Now every time I try to start it, it says "Critical Error. Your DirectX is not supported." My graphics card is an AMD HD 7400M series, in theory it should support DX11, I'm on my 3rd day of troubleshooting this issue and I'm out of options. Any incite?

Solution
Silly question, did you install DirectX? This should be automatic when you install the game and run it for the first time. I am guessing you didn't do that though, instead you upgraded the laptop to Win10 and tried to run the game (as it was installed in Win7 but still there in Win10)?

If this is indeed the case, if you have the time and bandwidth I would just uninstall the game then reinstall it. It should install the correct version of DirectX it needs.

If you don't have the time for that, you can try the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
. This will install DirectX 9.0c and should allow you to open the game to change it to DirectX 11(don't know if you can change it, never played ESO).

There is also this...

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
Silly question, did you install DirectX? This should be automatic when you install the game and run it for the first time. I am guessing you didn't do that though, instead you upgraded the laptop to Win10 and tried to run the game (as it was installed in Win7 but still there in Win10)?

If this is indeed the case, if you have the time and bandwidth I would just uninstall the game then reinstall it. It should install the correct version of DirectX it needs.

If you don't have the time for that, you can try the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
. This will install DirectX 9.0c and should allow you to open the game to change it to DirectX 11(don't know if you can change it, never played ESO).

There is also this: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com...tating-“your-directx-version-is-unsupported”?

As COLGeek stated, make sure you have the latest driver for it. (upon searching for said driver, it says it is only available from Microsoft via Windows Update, unless I am searching for the wrong thing).

Solution