What I want to know is which cable do I need to unplug to completely disable the touch screen so the computer doesn't recognize it. I can't really afford a new screen at the moment so what I want to do is disable it since it clicks the screen on it's own.
I'm not 100% sure but I would say that there's no specific cable that enables the Touchscreen feature of the LCD but you can disable if with its software instead but it will not also hurt the laptop to try each and one of those cable but again I would suggest disabling it first using the software.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may solve the Touchscreen problem as well.
And here's how to disable the Touchscreen feature.
- Open Control Panel then open Hardware and Sounds.
- Select Pen and Touch and go to the Touch tab.
- You'll see "Use your finger as an input device" do uncheck it.
- Click Apply then OK and see if the touchscreen will be disabled.
Another way would be.
- Open Device Manager then click on Touchscreen driver.
- Right click on the Touchscreen driver and select Disable.
- Close everything out then test it again.