Discord not working with mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehmood Nawaz

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Hi.

Me and my friend are trying to talk through discord but he can't hear me while I can hear him. I tried three different headsets, tried using using it on the phone but still nothing.

We tried calling on whatsapp and that worked but not discord. Please help guys. We're trying to play Fortnite.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Discord uses UDP to send data, sometimes when your network is not properly configured to do so it will give an "RTC Connecting" error where you won't be able to enter a voice channel at all, or it won't allow you to speak without problems in discord.

Try using a different connection and see how that goes, also make sure that the proper audio device is selected for transmitting your voice in discord as it may be trying to use the wrong device.

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

Check your discord settings there is likely something wrong with your sensitivity.

Go to the gear icon in the bottom left and click on it, then go to the voice tab. If you wish to use voice activity uncheck "Determine sensitivity automatically" and then set the bar to about halfway, you can continue to mess with it as needed for your voice volume to be correct.

You can also try setting it to push to talk, and using that.

Mehmood Nawaz

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

I tried this but it didn't work. My friend also said that there is loud interference noise (or whatever its called) coming during the call.

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Discord uses UDP to send data, sometimes when your network is not properly configured to do so it will give an "RTC Connecting" error where you won't be able to enter a voice channel at all, or it won't allow you to speak without problems in discord.

Try using a different connection and see how that goes, also make sure that the proper audio device is selected for transmitting your voice in discord as it may be trying to use the wrong device.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.