Solved! Dish on the house, receiver in the house, need a connection to my RV in the yard.

pwhite2683

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Sounds like the question from hell. I have Dish at the house I'm renting. I also have my RV outside and I use it as an office. I'd like to have at least Fox News in it, but Dish wants me to buy a bunch of fancy stuff. My receiver is the same one I used in the park I use to live in, connected to a Dish on a stand. Now I'm told I can't do that, that I have to buy a RV unit and a bunch of expensive stuff. Can't I just hook up to the second TV connection in my current receiver? I'm ripping my hair out (at 63 years of age, that's not good). Grateful for any...ANY help I can get.

Solution
I think that the RV stuff they are trying to sell you is for a vehicle that is moved from place to place. That requires expensive satellite tracking gear.
You should be able to treat your RV just like any other room in your home. If your DISH box has a connection for a second TV it should work fine.
I think that the RV stuff they are trying to sell you is for a vehicle that is moved from place to place. That requires expensive satellite tracking gear.
You should be able to treat your RV just like any other room in your home. If your DISH box has a connection for a second TV it should work fine.

Solution

pwhite2683

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

I'm looking at the spltter on the in line. it has 3 lines coming out, Sat1, Sat2 and a line marked Ch 21-68 out. Those all go into the back of the receiver. What do I connect from the back of my receiver to the RV? I'm assuming I can run a coax line from the back of the receiver to the Cable in line of my RV. But I have no idea where to connect it on the back of the receiver. Thanks much for the info! I don't even care if I watch the same channel out in the RV as what's on TV 1.