Display/Screen problems with Samsung laptop

Maykemew

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Hello everyone!
I'm desesperate because I dropped my laptop a few days ago and the screen is acting crazy, I really need help!!

Here are links to some pictures of how it looks like right now.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4Tu-ulLRB3g/VtWuSoDxSDI/AAAAAAAAAnY/O2i0qbXfKmc/w470-h353-no/12773429_579254848906870_56281558_o%2B%25281%2529.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-y9b2KSX1m9Q/VtWuIO_gYJI/AAAAAAAAAnM/0fYVSlDRpig/w470-h353-no/12787503_579254778906877_513336744_o.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dR50SStM_y0/VtWuISaZIzI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/Fo3iOCTVjOI/w470-h353-no/12810120_579254845573537_1728103523_o.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B922DCy7hB0/VtWuPk_HHaI/AAAAAAAAAnU/umXp9WPsc5c/w270-h480-no/12765776_574995722666116_609398771_o%2B%25281%2529.jpg

For some reason, the whole screen is "zoomed" in, so everything is expanded, larger and moved up. Also, because of this enlargement, the whole screen is moved and I can't see the right side anymore (like as it was cut).
There also is a thick white line under the desktop. For some reason, under the white line, the upper part of the desktop appears too.
The whole screen has some kind of blue/yellow/pink/white tone over it, it keeps changing when I turn it on, and since today, when I close the screen it goes back to normal color but after the screen turns off because of not using it for a few minutes, it turns into those blue/yellow/pink or white tones again.

I've tried many things already: changing the screen resolution, switching to the other graphic card, changing the graphic card controls, updating the graphic cards, etc, etc but nothing works...

I'm currently living in Japan for a few months and I tried calling to a few places to let it be fixed but as soons as they hear that it is Samsung, they tell me they will not repair it. I called Samsung Japan and they say they can't fix things I didn't buy here, and I called Samsung Germany (that's where I bought it) to ask them but they say that they can't do anything if I don't come to Germany, since they wouldn't even ship it back internationally...

I really really need this laptop and buying a new one is not an option....

The model of my laptop is Samsung Serie 5 NP550P7C-T0ADE Notebook 17,3":

-17,3” mattes HD+ Display with LED-Backgroundlighting 1600 x 900 dpi
-Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with 2048 MB (Optimus™ Technology)

Please, If anyone has any ideas about what else I could try out, I will apreciate it a lot!!

Thank you!

Solution
Just out of curiosity: Why does it being a Samsung system omit it from any local repair shop servicing it?

I imagine that either your screen is defective, or your video cable is loose or defective. You can replace both to be on the safe side, if you can find the parts (and are comfortable with doing the work). You can find out which screen your laptop uses via one of two ways:

1. Remove the screen and check the back. You can find the make and model there, as well as the part number.
2. Use a system information application - like HWiNFO - to obtain the screen information. You can then write it down and shop around (eBay and Amazon are usually good sources for screens).

If you need any info on the screen, too, you can check out...
Just out of curiosity: Why does it being a Samsung system omit it from any local repair shop servicing it?

I imagine that either your screen is defective, or your video cable is loose or defective. You can replace both to be on the safe side, if you can find the parts (and are comfortable with doing the work). You can find out which screen your laptop uses via one of two ways:

1. Remove the screen and check the back. You can find the make and model there, as well as the part number.
2. Use a system information application - like HWiNFO - to obtain the screen information. You can then write it down and shop around (eBay and Amazon are usually good sources for screens).

If you need any info on the screen, too, you can check out panelook.com. They have details on a HUGE array of screens.

Solution