DIY CCFL bulb replacement, no/bad result

nutter87

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello, good people :)

I am having the following drama:

Some time ago I was given an old Acer Aspire 5334 with a broken (15.6) screen. It works with an external monitor. At one point I got a second-hand screen and it didn't work. At first it lighted up for a second before going black, but later it stopped lighting up at all. The image on the screen was visible with a flashlight pointed at the back of the screen.
So I got a working bulb from another broken screen and tonight I spent a few hours replacing the bulb - this shenanigan was really a pain in the a**.

I tried to make sure I put everything in its place. But when I was finally done, I connected the inverter and the LCD cable and upon turning on, the screen lights up but shows blank with weird pink spots/lines on the left part of the screen. On the second attempt it went blue instead of black.

My question is - is it absolutely game over for this screen?

Thank you!

nutter87

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Well the lamp lights up and stays this way. Doesn't this mean that the the inverter is okay?

Actually, during the reassembly, I -may-have displaced the layers of the screen a bit, but I believe I put them back in place before tightening it together.
Does this damage a screen irrepairably?