do i need an adapter again?

davidspaho

Commendable
Dec 17, 2017
so I bought a laptop for the US while I was there on a trip and now I returned to Europe. I did buy and adapter with a transformer there but since I didn't pay much attention back there I didn't notice that I couldn't plug my laptop in the adapter. but now I noticed that the charger says 110-240v ~ 1.9A. so now should I buy an adapter with a transformer again or will I need to buy just a normal cheap adapter?

Solution
Most power supply for laptops are universally compatible with the common electrical system e.g. 110V 50 Hz, 110V 60Hz, 220 50Hz, 220 60Hz, etc.
However, the physical plug itself is still different in UK, Germany, US, Thailand, Japan, etc.

So.
1. You will need an adapter for the plug physical form. You can not avoid this.
2. If you will need voltage transformer thingy or not, read those sentences printed or
engraved on your power supply. If it is written 110-240V 50/60Hz, you are good to go and do not need to buy anything in this cathegory.

I travel quite a lot and I have something like this...

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Most power supply for laptops are universally compatible with the common electrical system e.g. 110V 50 Hz, 110V 60Hz, 220 50Hz, 220 60Hz, etc.
However, the physical plug itself is still different in UK, Germany, US, Thailand, Japan, etc.

So.
1. You will need an adapter for the plug physical form. You can not avoid this.
2. If you will need voltage transformer thingy or not, read those sentences printed or
engraved on your power supply. If it is written 110-240V 50/60Hz, you are good to go and do not need to buy anything in this cathegory.

I travel quite a lot and I have something like this:
https://www.amazon.de/reiseadapter-Reisestecker-Steckdosen-Stromadapter-Deutschland-2USB/dp/B079QJ6LQQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1536303709&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=universal+stromadapter&psc=1
You should be able to find similar stuffs in USA too.

Solution