Do I Need More RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony_greene

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
So I have an APU (AMD A8-5600k quad core) and I recently increased VRAM by using the 4gb of RAM I haven't noticed any boost in games so in result would I have to increase my ram to make up for its loss?

Solution

That GPU is incredibly low performing, so no more than 1GB is even needed. I was just saying 16GB since 16GB is getting so cheap these days.
I'm confused, so you have 4GB of RAM and you increased your max capasity of vram?

If you only have 4GB of RAM total, then yeah that's a problem, not for the GPU exactly but the CPU. Upgrade to 8 or 16GB of RAM as soon as you can.

Also, when shopping for RAM, try to get at least 1866 or 2133mhz RAM. Speed is what will increase your FPS CONSIDERABLY, not just vram capasity.

anthony_greene

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015

anthony_greene

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015

So say I got 16gb of ram how much should I give to the vram respectively without destroying it?

That GPU is incredibly low performing, so no more than 1GB is even needed. I was just saying 16GB since 16GB is getting so cheap these days.

Solution

SentinelFPS

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
VRAM(video ram) and RAM(computer ram) are two different things. Video ram come directly from the graphics card itself while RAM is basically the whole computer. Unless you are using integrated graphics, I believe that it does not effect the video ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.