Does any one know how to keep the tomshardware website from going into beta mode?

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Does any one know how to keep the tomshardware website from going into beta mode?I have to clear my cache to get it back to normal. When I land on Toms I get www.tomshardware.com/#v=beta

I am not a fan of the look and it removes the forum live feed. Perhaps it's an account setting I can't seem to find?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Unfortunately, there is no way to opt out of this. At the moment, it's a beta test being served to 10% of our readers and is by no means a final product. It will be disabled once we're ready to tweak it some more, but at some point, a variation of this will become the new permanent front page of the site.

As for your comment about the live feed, it is still present, in the exact same spot. Admittedly, it is currently bugged and behaving differently than expected, but we'll be addressing the issues and returning more functionality with the next iteration.

For now, you can drop your feedback and comments in this thread to help us continue refining the new design :)
Unfortunately, there is no way to opt out of this. At the moment, it's a beta test being served to 10% of our readers and is by no means a final product. It will be disabled once we're ready to tweak it some more, but at some point, a variation of this will become the new permanent front page of the site.

As for your comment about the live feed, it is still present, in the exact same spot. Admittedly, it is currently bugged and behaving differently than expected, but we'll be addressing the issues and returning more functionality with the next iteration.

For now, you can drop your feedback and comments in this thread to help us continue refining the new design :)

Solution