Question Does anyone know what might cause this?

z-rabbit

Distinguished
May 6, 2012
I was recently given this TV by a coworker. He said the picture sometimes goes wonky after 2 or more hours of use. In reality, that number is closer to 15 minutes. Regardless, I've been reading up on LCD tv troubleshooting. The only issue is I haven't been able to find any examples of my particular problem. Vertical bars AND horizontal bars. But only after the TV has been powered on for about 15 minutes or so. It doesn't appear to be affected by input (I could replicate the problem with both the HDMI input and using the built-in Netflix App).

Originally I was thinking it might be a bad T-Con board, but then again I can't be sure. I was hoping someone who has more experience might be able to point me in the right direction?

UPDATE: I think something is overheating. I cleaned all of the ribbon cable contacts and reseated the connectors. I tried again without the back panel attached. Same issue, but I noticed it eventually went away. Still no idea which board/component could cause this particular issue, though.

The tv is a Samsung SUHD (LCD) TV, model # UN60JS8000FXZA.

Here's a quick video to demonstrate the issue:

View: https://imgur.com/eLW4YE3

Last edited: