Solved! Does higher android version make your phone faster ?

kalimana

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Hello guys. Today I just want to ask smth maybe stupid.. I am gonna be buying myself a new phone soon, that has an android 7.1 nougat version. But some of mine friends tell me to go for smth with a higher android version (8.0). So does the android version matter that much when its only like 1 version away ? Thank you for your time :).

Solution
What @phillipcorcoran0405 said. If anything, you can probably expect the same phone running a newer version of the OS to run slower: more features = more resources required at any given time; same hardware = only the same resources are available; more resources needed on same available resources = more resources used or not enough resources available = runs less smoothly.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
What @phillipcorcoran0405 said. If anything, you can probably expect the same phone running a newer version of the OS to run slower: more features = more resources required at any given time; same hardware = only the same resources are available; more resources needed on same available resources = more resources used or not enough resources available = runs less smoothly.

Solution