Does it matter that my soundbar is longer then my tv ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelasmith60

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
I am trying to find out if it is alright to hook up a 37 inch soundbar to a 32 inch tv. And if so , where should I put the soundbar and subwoofer , my tv is on a table

Solution
Other than visually the width of the soundbar vs. TV makes no difference. The soundbar usually goes just below or above the TV. Since it is on a table you could mount it on the wall above or raise the TV enough for it to go underneath. Sometimes you can just put it on the table in front of the TV but this usually blocks the IR from your TV remote. The sub should go somewhere closer to the TV than where you sit if possible. This gets you a better blend and the bass level is more consistent for multiple seating locations. If you want louder bass put it closer to a corner. If you want tighter bass away from the corner.
Depends on the soundbar. Mine soundbar has a stand to mount it on the table under a tv, it comes apart to 2 side speakers to put on stands, it stays together and mounts under the tv on a wall, or you can mount the speakers on the wall next to the tv. IF it doesn't have a stand not sure what to tell you.

Other than visually the width of the soundbar vs. TV makes no difference. The soundbar usually goes just below or above the TV. Since it is on a table you could mount it on the wall above or raise the TV enough for it to go underneath. Sometimes you can just put it on the table in front of the TV but this usually blocks the IR from your TV remote. The sub should go somewhere closer to the TV than where you sit if possible. This gets you a better blend and the bass level is more consistent for multiple seating locations. If you want louder bass put it closer to a corner. If you want tighter bass away from the corner.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.