Solved! Does my laptop support a 144hz monitor

Feb 28, 2018
Hi. i currently have a ASUS X555UB which is 60hz but for gaming reasons i would like to get a 144hz monitor so i can play on 144hz. and what i'm asking is can this model support a 144hz monitor?

Solution
Theoretically you can get 144 fps on optimized old games like Minecraft,nfs carbon etc but so long as the game can be rendered which mean if your laptop struggles with 60fps on certain game you definitely can't get 144hz also anything beyond 60fps our eyes can't register we only go for 120hz and 120fps just to get that buttery smooth gameplay.So the decision is Upto you do you want to get a 120hz display which is cheap or burn cash on a 144hz display which you can never fully utilize or forget about this whole idea and get a normal gaming monitor with 60fps and low response time like less than 5milliseconds

saltysoso

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Not really. If your laptop screen is only 720p and your new display is 1080p or above, your frame rate is going to drop drastically. But my question is why do you need a 144hz monitor if you have that laptop? If you have some extra cash, don't spend them on a 144hz monitor, spend them on a better gaming laptop if you want. Not sure what games you'll be playing, but if it's CSGO, believe me, it's not worth it.

Mar 26, 2018
Theoretically you can get 144 fps on optimized old games like Minecraft,nfs carbon etc but so long as the game can be rendered which mean if your laptop struggles with 60fps on certain game you definitely can't get 144hz also anything beyond 60fps our eyes can't register we only go for 120hz and 120fps just to get that buttery smooth gameplay.So the decision is Upto you do you want to get a 120hz display which is cheap or burn cash on a 144hz display which you can never fully utilize or forget about this whole idea and get a normal gaming monitor with 60fps and low response time like less than 5milliseconds

Solution