News Does Windows 11 require TPM 2.0? We have good news and bad news

Sep 1, 2021
According to Ashampoo Windows 11 Compatibility Check, my desktop PC has the TPM 2.0 chip. But the CPU is an i5 -7400, which is NOT supported, according to Microsoft. How will this turn out for me?

rgd1101

Don't
:eek: WARNING for other. DO NOT download ashampoo like the person above did :eek:

why would you use something that not from microsoft to check compatibility?
and malware scan your system. don't know why people keep downloading stuff from the internet

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021
why would you use something that not from microsoft to check compatibility?
and malware scan your system. don't know why people keep downloading stuff from the internet
That does not answer my question.
(...don´t know why people post their personal opinions instead of answering questions asked...)

Sep 1, 2021
Check your motherboard specifications to see if it supports TPM.

-Wolf sends
Thanks.
After fiddling around the internet ASUS made me Run tpm.msc . Which informed me that TPM 2.0 is "ready to use".

So I'm back at square one: Everything seems to be OK, except for Microsofts [and Ashampoo's ;-)] claim that my cpu is not supported.

rgd1101

Don't
So who decides what is malware and what isn't? Might it possibly be you - and you alone?
and how decide is not. you? Just saying don't download stuff because it shiny

[edit] guess I was right
something else from Ashampoo

Last edited:
Thanks.
After fiddling around the internet ASUS made me Run tpm.msc . Which informed me that TPM 2.0 is "ready to use".

So I'm back at square one: Everything seems to be OK, except for Microsofts [and Ashampoo's ;-)] claim that my cpu is not supported.
As RGD1101 states, Microsoft is STILL making changes. I'd bet good money that your processor will eventually be on the support list.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: rgd1101
Sep 1, 2021
I didn't "download because it's shiny", but because it was recommended by the leading PC magazine in my country.

Moreover, Ashampoo isn't "ware" of any kind. It's a company, that's been about for more than 20 years.

All you have achieved here is wasting my time, as well as your own, to no good whatsoever. This doesn't strike me as very clever.
Bye, bye.