DOJ Opens Official Investigation Into Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In the year 2009, any DOJ investigation into any company means that aforementioned company is behind on their campaign contribution payments... They don't dislike monopolies or the concentration of power into the hands of a few, they just dislike when they aren't in control of it...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]justice_indeed[/nom]In the year 2009, any DOJ investigation into any company means that aforementioned company is behind on their campaign contribution payments... They don't dislike monopolies or the concentration of power into the hands of a few, they just dislike when they aren't in control of it...[/citation]

Yawn, get out of here nutcase, the aliens are coming for you anyway.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I love the idea of knowledge available for the masses.

I realize Google would profit from the works of others substantually, however the idea of a global online free library compels me enough to ignore it.
I have had download books simply because I can't get them locally within a months time, but security is always questionable when such actions are taken. I love libraries, and I love knowledge, however a physical library can be expensive to maintain and is not always the best solution.

G

Apparently Google's tribute check to the messiah is late. Antitrust lawsuits are expensive to defend, and we know that antitrust actions have been used by prior administrations (cough...Clinton) to go after companies that refused to pay their tribute, or in Microsoft's case, stopped paying their tribute.

G

Apparently Google's tribute check to the messiah is late. Antitrust lawsuits are expensive to defend, and we know that antitrust actions have been used by prior administrations (cough...Clinton) to go after companies that refused to pay their tribute, or in Microsoft's case, stopped paying their tribute.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
So Google is doing what the public library isn't doing. If they reached a deal then it's okay. The authors have a right to complain. Maybe Google cut them a better deal than Penguin.

G

kami3k: Apparently you've missed all of the rampant corruption to take over America since Reagan took office... It would take me a year to google up a comprehensive list of who's in power, and what scandals they are involved in, so I will leave that to you... There is no more profound form of stupidity than faith. Faith in our system, even if 80% of our politicians(that we are aware of), are involved in various scandals, is enough to get you admitted into just about any special-ed class...

Status
Not open for further replies.