Solved! Dongle fitted to TV but laptop won't accept ADSL & dongle at the same time.

Jul 26, 2018
Have flat screen TV but not 'smart'. Have new laptop and bought a dongle. Have fitted to HDMI and receive signal connection BUT computer doesn't accept Wi-Fi signal and dongle at the same time to allow streaming ??

Not very clear what you are doing, you have the laptop connected to the TV as a screen? But your WiFi on the laptop does not work when it's connected to the TV? That does not really make sense, the video connection and WiFi are separate hardware. WiFi is working, you connect laptop to TV and WiFi disconnects? or what exactly are you doing and what is happening? What exactly is this dongle you are using? That is a generic term for pretty much anything you can attach to something.

Jul 26, 2018
Hi, sorry for the delay and thanks for your reply.
I bought a DigiTech Wi-Fi Anycast Dongle which has been attached to the TV.
I select HDMI 3 on TV and setup screen appears but doesn't connect to laptop.
The network connection on laptop shows two available, the Wi-Fi and Anycast but won't connect to either without losing the other.
ie, if I choose Wi-Fi the Anycast drops off and if I choose Anycast I lose the Wi-Fi signal.
Therefore when I try to send something on the laptop to the TV (eg. Netflix etc.) it doesn't work.
Thanks for any further ideas.