dont no how to open disk tray

ziggyz13

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
i have a HP Notebook PC windows 8 and it says no bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key i got a windows 7 disk boot for it but the tray want open can someone help me plz

Solution
Did you try re-seating the hard drive? If you have a Windows 7 disk all you can do is a clean Windows setup with that, and if you are getting a no bootable device error you could have a bad hard drive, in which case installing Windows again won't help you.

If your disk tray is stuck, there should be a small hole by the button to eject it, push in a pin or something in the hole to eject the tray.

The other thing is that you may not even have an optical disk at all, some laptops don't come with one, and many people can't figure out how to open the "disk" when they don't even have one in the laptop.
Did you try re-seating the hard drive? If you have a Windows 7 disk all you can do is a clean Windows setup with that, and if you are getting a no bootable device error you could have a bad hard drive, in which case installing Windows again won't help you.

If your disk tray is stuck, there should be a small hole by the button to eject it, push in a pin or something in the hole to eject the tray.

The other thing is that you may not even have an optical disk at all, some laptops don't come with one, and many people can't figure out how to open the "disk" when they don't even have one in the laptop.

Solution