Don't Use NSA-Influenced Code in Our Products, Security Company Warns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
This isn't very surprising since the NSA / govt puts tight restrictions on encryption for the sake of national security. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this but there is always room for abuse of our privacy so why give them a chance to do it?

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
National security? Please.

It's just a way to stop people from revolting. You know how the Government talks about terrorists? Well, the founding fathers would be deemed terrorists from whence they came. Yet they're pictured as freedom fighters.

I do wonder why the British and American Governments haven't been burnt to rubble and the workers, leaders and managers lynched to death.

Probably because of that new iPhone. Isn't it amazing!?

*Mumble Grumble*

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I seriously doubt it's a backdoor and that RSA's algorithms are that much better. More than likely it's just an error in the algorithm. I haven't seen a single CSPRNG that didn't have bugs the first time around. Getting random right is incredibly hard. If you need further proof just look into RANDU.

funguseater

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Remember when you could not use pkzip outside the US? Everyone used it but the warning was there, for National Security purposes. The NSA helped to develop this protocol, do you really think they would not add in a backdoor or a way to calculate the used seed. I better add another layer to my tinfoil hat ;)

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

The difference is that our founding fathers didn't wear suicide vests and bomb innocent civilian populations.

While they were "terrorists" for their time they were just fighting to be their own country instead of something controlled by a government bent on taxing the crap out of the poorest.

I have nothing against the government trying to prevent attacks like 9/11 but they are pushing beyond the bounds of our own privacy which is wrong and the NSA really needs to know when to stop.

But at least we are being warned by the companies what not to use.

G

Ummmm... The Reichstag and 911 were domestic false flags to embolden the domestic tyrannies. Wake up. Common sense.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
god new new comment system is horrible. can someone either give me back the link to the forums so I can fix this myself or delete my duplicate post? lousy POS comment system... *grumble* *grumble*

TammyHi17765516

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Only seriously interested people will be warmly welcomed,Thanks,,you have to work using a computer and internet.if you can do that and dedicate some time each day then you can do this with no problem. I have been working with this for a month and have made over $17,000 already. let me know if you need more here you go.
------------->>> http://ddp.net/blue48.amp

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
And RSA is another American company, who can say if the corrupted fingers of NSA haven't touched them as well? I wont trust American companys to keep my information safe ty!

Status
Not open for further replies.