DOTA2 60 fps with the following laptop ??

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
TOSHIBA L675-11J

Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
DDR3 RAM (1.066 MHz) 2x2048
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 1gb

CCC settings : everything on performance, low and OFF
DOTA2 settings :

a.
1680x1050
VSYNC : OFF

b.
ADVANCED :
Render quality : MAX
Textures : HIGH
everything else on OFF and LOW

Having 60-65 fps while looking at the fountain alone (with no other heroes nearby)
I have this laptop for 2 years now, removed the dust some days ago, have a cooling pad, close all applications when i play.
Im not a pro but this laptop cant play Dota2 with those settings at higher fps?

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
i also run the game with everything on ON and HIGH except VSync
on a desktop HD 5770, PhenomII X4 3.0, 2GB Ram at 1440x900 resolution and it has 70 fps . wtf? :)

jay_curtis36

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
Possibly a driver issue? I'm no expert, but it seems like it is running on the integrated graphics card, not the Radeon HD 5650. Maybe try searching google for something like
"DOTA 2" ATI fix. Again, I'm not sure if this is the problem.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Running on the desktop is going to be faster, first because it's lower resolution, and second because it isn't trying to use the underpowered mobile parts.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
There's a simple explanation, and it is that the Mobility 5650 can't handle DOTA 2 maxed at 16x10. You have 3x the GPU in your desktop at a lower resolution.

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Settings are all set to LOW and OFF. I kept only the resolution 1680x1050 , Render Quality HIGH and Textures HIGH. Even set the CCC settings to lowest possible.
I know that the laptop isnt the best gaming system, but dota2 isnt such a heavy game. Ive noticed lower performance over the years. Well you gonna say this is normal,
but is there any way to fix it? I know this site may be a joke but take a look

http://imageshack.us/f/534/eeeeel.jpg/

Dota2 isnt such a heavy game.. i used to play civilization V , when i first bought this laptop .

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

may be cuz of it is in beta?
I read this somwehere :
"It could also be the universal problem of your laptop that it doesnt recognize ur discrete gpu, what i mean is that it`s using the internal GPU from the intel CPU. That could be a problem, to solve it u have to tweak some settings to make you laptop run always in perfomance mode."

Is this possible?That i may have installed false drivers, and my laptop runs on my internal GPU of the CPU as this guy names it.? :(

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Oh yes that is exactly what i read on the internet ! Is there a way to know if i use my GPU when i play dota?

Another guy :

"My friend has the same laptop,
It happened for him when the laptop uses the intel GPU, so double check that your AMD gpu is on when playing dota."

How can i check this?

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Ok listen can someone give me the exact correct drivers for this ?
My laptop being a model only manufactured for Greece, has drivers only in the greek Toshiba site

And they say this
24/02/11 Display Driver ATI Windows 7 - 64 Bit 8.712.2.1

So they latest are like almost 20 months old. So i downloaded a program named drivergenius and it downloaded some other drivers.
Sometimes i tried downloading through AMD , i chose Notebook graphics etc.
and tried to install and it told me that they are not compatible with my GPU. Something like that.
Then another guy told me to download the latest DESKTOP one drivers.
There wasnt any problem with the instalation but DESKTOP graphics on my laptop?
I dont know if that works :p

So to sum up, can someone tell me which drivers to download for sure? Thank you!
Or even how to see if my GPU isnt used , and the laptop uses the internal GPU ??

Thank you!!! <3

d1versify

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

"The following notebooks are not compatible with this tool:
Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics
Toshiba® notebooks"