Dotcom: Code for New Megaupload is 90% Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I hate this bastard. Read up on him. Insider trading, embezzlement, and he changed his name legally to Dotcom.....

He should be in jail.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
muahahha and I will be ready to hit that torrent button as I please protected by ghostips, ghost browsers and an endless supply of anonymous tactics. TOOT on kim! TOOT on! ^_^

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
You'd think if he were to change any name... it'd be his first name. Maybe that's just americanized thinking but I can still count the number of guys I even know of with the first name 'Kim' on a single hand.

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Well wether or not the man is crazy doesnt mean that Megaupload should have been raided. I am glad he is trying to get back into the game. Government oppression sucks, I hope he can fight against it.

spat55

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Sounds like a bit of a idiot, I did like megaupload though, it was great for people that wanted to watch TV shows that weren't shown in different countries. If I could then I would buy them for the quality, but if you can't get them any other way, then I don't class myself as a pirate...

G

aftcomet,

So then we should lock you u in Jail? Why? Because I don't like you. What? That isn't fair, or just, or right? Yeah, thought so. A alot of people don't like Kim Dotcom, but what the US government did to him is outrageous, and unjust!

If we locked up people simply because "we didn't like them" then we'd all be in jail.

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
[citation][nom]Albyint[/nom]Well wether or not the man is crazy doesnt mean that Megaupload should have been raided. I am glad he is trying to get back into the game. Government oppression sucks, I hope he can fight against it.[/citation]
The big problem is that governments are now just corporate mercenaries.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
^Megaupload is a huge site, he hasn't coded 90% of it without testing. He probably coded the basic functionality, made sure it was rock solid and then starting adding features, testing each one.

G

Can't believe that people are on still on the FBI's side on this despite the facts that the search warrants have been proven to be NULL AND VOID, evidence was STOLEN by the FBI, the extradition case has all but FALLEN APART, and the US judge has pointed out that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a foreign company to be served with a criminal charge.

It is nice to know, though, that the new MEGA will be bigger and badder than ever.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]shloader[/nom]You'd think if he were to change any name... it'd be his first name. Maybe that's just americanized thinking but I can still count the number of guys I even know of with the first name 'Kim' on a single hand.[/citation]
I think it's a matter of americanizing. I'm from Europe and I don't know a single female named Kim. I know they exist, but I've never met one.

funguseater

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I hate this bastard. Read up on him. Insider trading, embezzlement, and he changed his name legally to Dotcom.....He should be in jail.[/citation]

Sounds like every other successful business man then, only with a sense of humor.

Fungi

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
His quote needs to be taken in context to the programming world. 90% done... 90% to go! Heaps more work left so don't expect anything soon.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Yeah, he's a pretty terrible person and most definitely knew what was going on. He was also wrongly charged in a way that goes against the methods the US legal system is supposed to work under. We don't convict people because they're seedy or obese, we convict people because we can prove they are guilty of crimes commited in our country, period. If Americans were better informed they'd be outraged that someone was unjustly railroaded for the benefit of the industry. Unfortunately Americans get their news from corp run media who spin the story that an evil pirate escaped capture today.

It would be kind of funny if the MU customers filed a class action suit against the US government to recoup expenses now that it's clear taking the site down was unjust.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]spat55[/nom]Sounds like a bit of a idiot, I did like megaupload though, it was great for people that wanted to watch TV shows that weren't shown in different countries. If I could then I would buy them for the quality, but if you can't get them any other way, then I don't class myself as a pirate...[/citation]
I agree, sometimes there's that situation where getting a physical copy just isn't worth the huge expense, and the media isn't offered digitally. That's the only time I ever consider "pirating" something.

Status
Not open for further replies.