Dotcom: Code for New Megaupload is 90% Complete

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
ill use it again, but storeing files as a digital locker... don't know if ill ever trust it to that extent again. i will use it as one of the places i store backups, but not the exclusive.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shqtth[/nom]Its funny because I was thinking about storing my files on it for remote access a few months before the raid.[/citation]

no reason you cant do it, just make sure its not your only backup.

i recommend having a in use copy, a backup copy, and an off site backup copy of anything important to you.

that way you have 2 backup in case the in use, and the backup fail, and you have an in case of fire backup copy too.

anything of extreme importance i also recommend the above, and a storage place 2-300 miles away from where you are, because where i live, my drive could die, i got a backup, my backup could fail, i have a third, my house could light on fire i have a off site backup, but a tornado wreaks crap... i got nothing, so make sure you most important are far away.

that said, a cloud backup is great if you self encrypt the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.