Double Fine Raises $3.3M via Kickstarter to Make New Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]That is a ludicrous amount of money for a point and click game.[/citation]

the more put in, the higher the production value. it will be like it went from good enough, to hd visuals and full voice acting.

[citation][nom]keczapifrytki[/nom]If you pledge money to the kickstarter project, will you receive a game once it is made, or will you get a share of profits?[/citation]

depends on if they offer it, you could get anything from a "this is a good idea, i want to help but dont need it (think life saveing device that doesnt apply to you)

you get full product (a comic that is being completely funded for printing is doing that)

to stock in the company (not sure, but i bet thats an option on some)

kickstarter is all about getting funding to start something, and some of these may not be a physical product.

michalt

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
You can think of Kickstarter as a pre-order service to buy goods and services that don't exist yet. They can't sell ownership in companies because that's currently against the law; the government doesn't think that people who have less than a million dollars or make less than $200,000 can look at a stock prospectus that hasn't been reviewed by the SEC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accredited_investor

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]michalt[/nom]You can think of Kickstarter as a pre-order service to buy goods and services that don't exist yet. They can't sell ownership in companies because that's currently against the law; the government doesn't think that people who have less than a million dollars or make less than $200,000 can look at a stock prospectus that hasn't been reviewed by the SEC.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accredited_investor[/citation]

can where i live not make me hate it more just once... can it do ONE thing to make me happy...

G

Seems like the kickstarter for Wasteland 2 will be next to join the million plus club.

Status
Not open for further replies.